My husband was gone for the last three days and I got to stay home (I had to be home for the kids to get home from school, I thought I'd let my fill in have the whole day instead of traveling 45mins just for a few hours) for two of the days. I was a stay at home mom up until 3yrs. ago and never got to enjoy the time at home while the kids were at school, the youngest two started school in the last two years. So, here are 5 of the things I enjoyed while being home. Keep in mind, I am normally not home so I took more leisure than most SAHM's probably usually get!
1. Going back to bed after sending the kids off to school! I had trouble falling asleep without Jim so I was pretty tired. After the kids went to school, I went back to bed for two hours! It was glorious!
2. Getting to make a nice lunch. I have to brown bag it most days for work (so tired of sandwiches, I now understand why the kids are tired of them too!).
3. Having lots of time to plan and get things ready for supper instead of having to know in the morning and then rush to get it made after work. I loved being able to think about it, once I was really awake and have time to take something out or do some prep.
4. I liked being mobile. I spend 40hrs. a week sitting in an office chair. At home I am going up and down stairs, walking all over the house and doing chores and it felt good to be moving all day.
5. The best thing I loved about being a SAHM the last few days was being home when the boys came home from school. I had a nice snack ready for them each day and they were so excited to see me (I suppose that novelty would wear off if I was home all the time!). Yesterday we walked down to the park after school. It was so nice to spend time with them instead of the usual: rushing to get dinner on, homework, baths and bed!
That is my list for this week, go visit Peanut to read more 5 Things I Love lists!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Wow, that really sounds vain! Really it isn't, if you saw how long it took me to come up with 5 things! I'm taking my cue from Peanut today. She wrote about 5 things she likes about her body. I couldn't quite go that far but I figured I could find 5 things about myself in general I liked, if I really really tried, couldn't I? Well, lets see!
1. I am pretty social. I love to spend time with family and friends and love to laugh. I don't get to do it as much as I'd like but if I could, I would everyday! I loved living at Bible College and having friends and their kids all in the same building. We had a great time there!
2. I'm very forgiving. I am quick to forgive and I get over things quickly. I have found that quality to serve me well, especially being a pastor's wife. I don't take things too personally and if I am hurt, I get over it fairly quickly.
3. I can be quite shy (until you get to know me!). That doesn't sound like a positive, and in many cases it isn't, but I am easy to talk to. I don't come on strong and it makes it easier to get to know others who are shy like me. God has really helped me to come out of my shell enough to do this and to reach out to others first, but it doesn't come easily.
4. I am fiercely loyal and protective of my friends and family. I may be shy but I will stand up for them when I'm needed, especially for my children. When I'm your friend, I'm your friend for life (there, you have your fair warning!)
5. Oh boy, one more, um.......I am a child of God! There, that's a good one! I am happy that I made the decision 15 years ago to follow Christ. It is the best thing I've ever done and I wouldn't have any of these qualities or this life without Him!
Whew! That wasn't so bad, I just managed to squeeze 5 things in there! Go visit Peanut to read her list and more 5 Things I Love posts and why not make your own list and join up?
*By the way, any suggestions on how to make my header inline with the columns? I've had this problem before but have always been able to fix it. This time I'm stumped!
Monday, May 04, 2009
Two weeks? Wow, can you tell I've lost my blogging mojo? Hmm, that begs the question, did I every really have it or is it something I can still get somehow? There are so many computer viruses out there, why can't I catch that one, the blogging mojo virus! You'd think after two weeks, I'd have something to blog about (instead of wasting your time blogging about how I have nothing to blog about!) but you'd be wrong. Why aren't my kids crazy or weird or something? No one is giving me blog fodder and as you can tell, I'm NOT a writer at heart! I have, however, been reading blogs and so to finish this post with SOMETHING, I'm going to share some links with you. Here are some posts from the last two weeks that touched me, made me think or made me smile: (Just click on each blog to read the post)
Sarah @ Life in the Parsonage
Lisa @ The Preachers Wife
Peanut @ Peanut, Peanut-Lover and the Weenuts (Today is Peanut and Peanut-Lover's 7th anniversary so...Congrats!!)
Stefani @ Blue Yonder
Shannon @ Rocks in my Dryer
DeeDee @ Fiddledeedee