Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 11th anniversary. I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday but I didn't want to let this post go. It seems like it was so long ago yet just yesterday at the same time. So much has happened in the past 11 years. Jim finished 4 yrs of Bible college, we had three beautiful boys and have pastored at two churches. Appearances have changed (mostly mine!), family dynamics have changed, but our love for each other and God hasn't! I thank God for a wonderful husband who loves Him and me with all his heart and who is a great father. Marriage isn't always easy but we make it through the good times and bad with open communication and with God's help. Many people doubted that it could work with me being only 18 (for one day) when we got married, except my family and close friends. They knew better, they knew that we were meant for each other. I am thankful for supportive friends and family and my wonderful husband who is my best friend. No matter what I look like or what I do, I always know he loves me. How lucky am I?



Here is a picture of us the night we got engaged (we are so young and thin!)

Here is a wedding photo. I know, I didn't like the hair either but I loved my dress that my mother-in-law made (with a little help from me)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Peanut said...

Congrats you two! I remember when you got married, the song that I for some reason attached in my memory to your wedding was Shania Twain's "You're still the one"
Can't believe it's been 11 years already!!
(when I was looking through my old albums for your birthday post, I saw your wedding pics... what WAS with our hair???!!!)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 11 years! Wow! I was so disappointed that I didn't make the wedding, but my sister Kristin did...

Harmony said...

Yes Peanut, that is a good song for us! I can't believe it has been 11 years either, time really flies!

Traci, I would have loved to meet you at the wedding, but hopefully one day we will actually meet!! We'll have to take a big trip out your way one day!